After the 4G, here they want to impose the 5, while elsewhere they are already talking about the 6. The technological steamroller continues unabated, but have we been asked for our opinion, have we been told what is going on behind the scenes(1).
Under false and fragile arguments (loading a movie in 2 seconds…) Faced with the challenges of our time (to perpetuate the human species), the project of a massive production of connected objects (billions) is hidden, but also an unprecedented possibility to control the population. Health? Not very important in the face of economic imperatives. This is not new: asbestos, tobacco, pesticides, air pollution… Social justice? No interest in the profits of a minority.
We will not let them do their business as usual anymore, let them hear it. Let’s recreate an agora, tell your neighbors, friends, family: we are not guinea pigs!
KAIROS, signatory of the call, together with the Stop5G collective, invites you to a protest and information rally, this Saturday 25 January in Brussels. We are also forwarding again our November 14, 2019 release relaying a global movement denouncing 5G.
SATURDAY 25 JANUARY 2020, 1PM-4PM, CENTRAL STATION, BRUSSELS
In the framework of the world day of January 25 against the deployment of 5G (see stop5ginternational.org ), the stop5G.be collective is organizing a protest and information rally (stand) in Brussels, Place de l’Albertine, next to the Central Station, from 1 to 4 pm.
Beforehand, an international appeal signed by nearly 200,000 people and organizations from 203 nations and territories was sent in November 2019 to the federal and regional governments of Belgium by the stop5G.be collective.
The official speeches aim to convince us that the only stake of 5G is to be part of the dominant group in the global economic competition thanks to this new telecommunication technology that will ensure a generalized interconnection everywhere and at any time.
However, beyond the fundamental problems of public health that governments choose to ignore, there are many questions about the future that this headlong rush towards the best of the waves is drawing: toxicity for living beings, growth in energy consumption, changes in work and employment, depletion of rare metal and water resources, low recycling rate of alloys, close surveillance of citizens and infringement of freedoms, international conflicts…
Even the industrial circles wonder about the economic feasibility of a deployment which requires enormous investments whose profitability is far from being ensured except if the public authorities contribute in a significant way…
Finally, it goes without saying that 5G technology, due to the limitless growth of data transfers, will lead to a significant increase in energy and resource consumption. As such, it runs counter to an environmentally responsible policy and the stated objectives of the European Union and the signatories of the COP21 agreement in 2015 in the fight against global warming.
More information on the event: www.stop5g.be/fr
PRESS RELEASE OF THE COLLECTIVE FOR THE STOP OF THE DEPLOYMENT OF THE 5G
NOVEMBER 14, 2019
The collective stop5G.be was created on November 14, 2019 on the occasion of the delivery of the international petition to the Belgian ministers of the various levels of power whose competence it is. The primary objective of the collective is to stop the deployment of 5G, the 5th generation of cell phone standards. To date, the collective already gathers about ten ASBLs and associations of which you can consult the list here .
The international appeal www.5gspaceappeal.org signed by 172,395 individuals and organizations from 204 nations and territories, dated November 6, 2019, is addressed today to the federal and regional governments of Belgium. Around the world this week, the 204 nations and territories will address the call to their respective governments.
The deployment of 5G, the 5th generation of cell phone standards, on land and in space is underway or being prepared in many countries. Dozens of 5G telecommunication satellites have already been launched by U.S. companies.
This new reality will lead to unprecedented environmental change on a global scale. To implement the Internet of Things (IoT), the industry is planning to install millions of 5G antennas, one every 50 to 150 meters in urban areas(2), and to put tens of thousands of satellites into orbit. Forecasts indicate that there will be 20 billion connected objects (transmitters) in 2020, 30 billion in 2022 and many more thereafter(3): up to one million objects per square kilometer could communicate.
Despite widespread denial, there is ample scientific evidence that radio frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs)[iii] (RF) used by the wireless communication techniques already deployed, are harmful to living beings. More than 1,500 peer-reviewed scientific studies(4) provide clinical evidence as well as experimental evidence of DNA, cell and organ damage in a wide variety of plants and animals. Epidemiological data support the thesis that the origin of many diseases of modern civilization, such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease, can be explained, at least in part, by electromagnetic pollution.
If the telecom industry’s plans for 5G come to fruition, no living thing will be able to escape permanent exposure to man-made RF radiation that is already proven to be toxic. The probable consequences of the proliferation of 5G satellites make us fear the worst: degradation of human health and ecosystems on a planetary scale, disruption of the ionosphere and magnetosphere leading to a change in the electromagnetic properties of the Earth, destruction of the ozone layer and an increase in the greenhouse effect due to the combustion of the fuels of the rockets carrying the satellites
The technical characteristics of 5G differ greatly from those of existing technologies and pose potentially greater health risks to living beings than those induced by previous generations (2G, 3G and 4G), not to mention the concentrated power of 5G beams, which could result in local and instantaneous exposures well above current exposures. To date, no assessment of the health and environmental impacts of 5G has been conducted. Its deployment is a large-scale experiment on living beings. Moreover, in a climate and social situation where the urgency would be to act together to ensure the future of humanity, a technological headlong rush with projects like 5G is the worst way to go.
We therefore ask the federal and regional governments of Belgium to stop the deployment of 5G on its territory. Given the existing scientific studies and the dozens of calls from the medical profession and experts in the field(5)the precautionary principle must take precedence. On the other hand, the Nuremberg Code forbids experiments on non-consenting humans.
We also ask our governments to intervene at the EU, the Council of Europe and the UN for a global ban on 5G satellites and, at the very least, on their emissions over the European continent and adjacent international waters.
Immediate action must be taken to protect all living beings in accordance with ethical imperatives and international conventions:
- Stop the deployment of 5G on Earth and in space to protect human beings, specifically fetuses, children, adolescents and pregnant women, as well as other living beings.
- Comply with the International Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and Council of Europe Resolution 1815 on electromagnetic fields by informing citizens, including teachers and physicians, about the health risks of radiation from wireless technologies and how they can reduce their exposure.
- Prefer and implement wired telecommunications networks instead of wireless. Promote the use of wired solutions wherever technically possible, especially in homes, workplaces and places where children, pregnant women and vulnerable people stay (day care centers, schools, hospitals.).
- Immediately establish international panels of independent scientists, free of industry involvement, who are experts in electromagnetic fields and their health and environmental impacts, and who will develop new international safety standards for artificial electromagnetic fields that take into account the biological effects of exposure on all living things, not just the thermal effects on humans.
- Immediately form international groups of scientists with expertise in electromagnetic fields, health, biology and atmospheric physics, without industry involvement. They will develop a comprehensive regulatory framework to ensure that outer space is safe for human and non-human beings, taking into account artificial EMF, gases and black soot ejected from rocket engines, and space debris resulting from this activity. They will take the measure of the impacts on the ozone layer, global warming, the atmosphere and life on Earth. Space technology as well as terrestrial technology must be viable for adults, children, animals and plants.
- Voir https://www.kairospresse.be/article/nouvelles-technologies-et-transition-…
- Une antenne tous les 150 mètres par réseau (opérateur) pour la 5G en ondes millimétriques.
- Les radiofréquences (RF) sont les ondes ou champs électromagnétiques (CEM) couvrant les fréquences de 20 kHz à 300 GHz utilisées dans les télécommunications sans fil. Les micro-ondes constituent le sous-ensemble des ondes RF qui va de 300 MHz à 300 GHz.
- www.stop5g.be/studies.pdf ainsi que www.powerwatch.org.uk/science/studies.asp .
- Quelques-uns des appels :- Un des premiers d’entre eux est l’appel de Freiburg de 2002 signé par plus de 1000 médecins demandant notamment la « réduction massive des valeurs limites, des puissances d’émission et des charges en ondes radio », un appel renouvelé en 2012 (www.freiburger-appell-2012.info).- Au 15 octobre 2019, 252 spécialistes des CEM de 43 pays avaient signé un appel adressé à l’ONU, l’OMS et l’UE. Ces scientifiques, qui tous ont publié des travaux de recherche évalués par des pairs sur les effets biologiques et sanitaires des CEM non ionisants et constituent la majorité des experts du domaine, réclament des limites d’exposition plus strictes et demandent que les impacts biologiques potentiels des technologies de télécommunication 4G et 5G sur les plantes, les animaux et les humains soient réexaminés (www.emfscientist.org).- Dans un appel adressé à l’UE le 13 septembre 2017, des scientifiques et médecins recommandent un moratoire sur le déploiement de la 5G jusqu’à ce que les risques pour la santé humaine et l’environnement aient été pleinement étudiés par des scientifiques indépendants de l’industrie. Au 17 septembre 2019, il y avait 253 signataires (www.5gappeal.eu).- L’appel des professionnels de la santé belges (2019) : www.hippocrates-electrosmog-appeal.be.