Christophe De Brouwer has been scrutinizing the covid figures for a year. The interview published here is an exclusive. He is — unfortunately — the only one to do this job. However, and above all, if his conclusions had been thought out, reflected upon and debated, we would not be where we are today — even if the world was already going wrong long before.
Meanwhile, people are dying from their policies. This is the main thing we have to remember, we think. See the references of Christophe De Brouwer’s studies below
C de Brouwer. Standardized mortality rate in Belgium in 2020. (preprint).https://www.researchgate.net/…/350879459_Taux_de…
The impact of the crisis on the under 65s: µ
- C de Brouwer. Standardized mortality rate in Belgium, 2020. Complement. April 9, 2020. https://www.researchgate.net/…/350879459_Taux_de…
- L Toubiana, L Mucchielli , P Chaillot , J Bouaud. The Covid-19 epidemic had a relatively small impact on mortality in France. INSERM UMRS 1142 LIMICS, preprint, 2021. http://recherche.irsan.fr/…/154‑L%E2%80%99%C3%A9pid%C3…
Mortality per million inhabitants in Belgium compared to other countries in 2020 :
- Worldometers. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
The little or no use of containment and semi-containment.
- Q de Larochelambert, AMarc, J Antero, ELe Bourg, JF Toussaint. Covid-19 Mortality: A Matter of Vulnerability Among Nations Facing Limited Margins of Adaptation. Frontiers in Public Health. November 19, 2020. https://www.frontiersin.org/…/fpubh.2020.604339/full
- E Bendavid, C Oh, J Bhattacharya, JPA Ioannidis. Assessing mandatory stay-at-home and business closure effects on the spread of COVID-19. European Journal of Clinical Investigation. January 5, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1111/eci.13484
Vaccine resistance to sars-cov‑2, including English, South African and Brazilian variants.
- E Andreano et al. SARS-CoV‑2 escape in vitro from a highly neutralizing COVID-19 convalescent plasma. Medrxiv, December 2020. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.28.424451v1
- P Wang et al. Antibody Resistance of SARS-CoV‑2 Variants B.1.351 and B.1.1.7. Medrxiv, 2021. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.25.428137v3
- L Müller et al. Age-dependent immune response to the Biontech/Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccination. Medrxiv, 2021. https://www.medrxiv.org/con…/10.1101/2021.03.03.21251066v1
- T Kustin et al (Adi Stern). Evidence for increased breakthrough rates of SARS-CoV‑2 variants of concern in BNT162b2 mRNA vaccinated individuals. Medrxiv, 2021. https://www.medrxiv.org/con…/10.1101/2021.04.06.21254882v1
The place of the different variants in our country. In particular the English, South African and Brazilian variants.
- Weekly bulletin of Sciensano. The last one (April 9, 2021): https://covid-19.sciensano.be/…/COVID-19_Weekly_report…
- Covariants. Overview of variants in Countries. https://covariants.org/per-country Side effects of covid vaccines (and, if applicable, of influenza vaccine).
- Belgian site: https: //www.afmps.be/fr Opinion on the mortality linked to the heat wave of August 2020.
- C de Brouwer. Heat wave: mortality of the elderly seriously increased by the coronavirus crisis? (carte blanche) https://www.levif.be/…/can…/article-opinion-1334001.html