They would like us to go fast, in this time where only acceleration is promoted and valued. The war in Ukraine deserves to be discussed. But above all, it is important to underline the similarities that the situation has with the whole enterprise of manipulation of the masses, where the media of the power dictate the reality to us, passing from one day to the other, shamelessly, from the whole Covid to almost nothing, keeping the coercive architecture, while passing to the new narrative: the Ukraine. What a boon that one takes precedence over the other, and continues to occupy the minds...
» Whether he is denouncing Goldstein, demanding stronger measures against mentocriminals and saboteurs, ranting against the atrocities of the Eurasian army, or praising Big Brother or the heroes on the Malabar front, one can be sure that every word is of the most perfect orthodoxy, of pure Sociang. While observing this eyeless face with its snapping jaws, he gets the strange feeling that it is not a human but an automaton. It is not the brain that expresses itself, but the larynx. Strictly speaking, it is indeed words that come out of this mouth, but instead of being an articulated speech, it is only a noise emitted in all unconsciousness, like the duck quacks « .George Orwell, 1984, p.73.
» One of the great lessons to be learned from the last five centuries in Europe and America is this: severe crises help to strengthen the power of the state. This has always been the case and there is no reason why it should be different with the COVID-19 pandemic. Historians point to the fact that the increase in the fiscal resources of capitalist countries from the 18th century onwards was always closely associated with the need to wage wars, especially those fought in distant countries and requiring maritime capabilities. »Klaus Schwab, Thierry Malleret, Covid-19: The Great Reinitialization, p.73.
» The Sandinista Revolution had to be stopped, because there should be no other Cuba on the continent, and all means could be used to achieve this. This is how the alliance between several important Colombian traffickers, mainly those of the so-called « cartels » of Medellin and Cali, the CIA, and other US security agencies, was forged « .Hernando Calvo Ospina, Colombia, behind the smoke curtain. History of state terrorism, p.176.
» The spectacular authority can also deny anything, once, three times, and say that it will not talk about it anymore, and talk about something else; knowing well that it does not risk any retaliation on its own ground, nor on another. For there is no longer an agora, a general community; nor even communities restricted to intermediary bodies or autonomous institutions, to salons or cafés, to the workers of a single enterprise; nowhere where the debate on the truths that concern those who are there can be durably freed from the overwhelming presence of the media discourse, and of the different forces organized to relay it « .Guy Debord, Comments on the Society of the Spectacle, p.34.
The fact that those who have become accustomed to making lies the form of political discourse would tell us the truth this time, should raise serious doubts about the validity of their judgments. The fact that they allow themselves the arbitrariness of deciding who is on the side of good and who is on the side of evil, while deploring the victims of the latter — while they have long since left fallow in the media those they did not consider worthy of interest (the Palestinians, for example) — should also put us on our guard. Not to mention the iniquitous world they were not even able to perceive as a direct result of their actions.
Ukraine here is no exception. So, before looking at the specificity of the « Ukrainian » situation, it is necessary to underline what it has in common with all the other stories we are told.
1. We are told a story. Their story. More than the facts, it is above all the representation that we are given: a media system has the broadcasting networks (radio, TV, satellite). This history is even written in the virtual before taking root in the real: Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, first played a character in a series, a history professor who becomes president of Ukraine…
2. Of this story, the political-media power decides, like the Covid narrative, when it begins, when it becomes important, and when it will end. Point of words, then, of the war that the Ukrainian state is waging on the independent regions, and this since 2014. Nor on the putsch orchestrated by the USA and its European vassals the same year.
3. Two camps: good, evil. Saying all the positive about the first, all the negative about the other. Conceal what contradicts the procedure. For the media, the situation is always the same: a bad guy attacks a good guy who tries to defend himself and is rescued by another one without selfish interests (the Americans in this case). Those who speak in the media must say what they are expected to say(1).
4. The West points to human rights and other moral values. It oozes lies and com’, because it’s all about big money (2). Nothing new.
5. Words are essential and form thought: talking about invasion/liberation, for example, will totally change the way of understanding the situation.
6. In the end, it is always the people who pay for the damage. Among them, we will count the dead of the war, the wounded, the hungry, the deprived of everything. The others, minority, out of ground (the nationality is for them useful only if it is used as a pass, remember Saakashvili, Georgian politician, who fled the country welcomed by the United States, accused of corruption and crimes).
The cerebral malleability of individuals who instantly follow the new media-imposed narrative is perhaps the most extraordinary.
Those who write the script know Orwell’s words well: » He who controls the past controls the future, and he who controls the present controls the past » .
We will have to understand the present. Those who are unable to do so will not listen to the analysis of this present.
To begin with, among the many existing analyses, it is interesting to consult